Health & safety

IMPORTANT HEALTH & SAFETY INFORMATION

Summit Systems Ltd does not accept any responsibility for damage caused by the improper handling of these magnets. These magnets have a surprising amount of magnetic power and if handled incorrectly can be dangerous. With the purchase of these magnetic secured type screens, you confirm that you have read, understood, and acted on the following warnings. Please ensure that all personnel using or working close to these screens has read and understood these warnings.

MAGNETS LEAPING TOGETHER

If two magnets are placed loosely apart they could leap together unexpectedly, with extreme speed and force, which could shatter and break both magnets and could injure your finger if it is caught in between. Flying chips are sharp and could be a danger to eyes. Handle only one magnet at a time. NIPPING When large ferrite magnets are brought close enough together, they can have a surprising amount of power. Fingers can quickly become caught between them resulting in a painful nip or bruise.

DANGER OF BREAKING OR CHIPPING

Magnets slamming together is the most common cause of broken magnets. Magnets are brittle and if placed close enough to each other two magnets will potentially jump together with sufficient force to crack and chip.
Due to the force exerted by the magnets, it is possible that chips may fly off at high speed into someone's eye, therefore we advise that when handling more than one magnet that you wear eye protection. Chips and broken magnets can also be quite sharp, so treat them as carefully as you would broken glass.

RESIDUE

Ferrite magnets are commonly supplied without any plating or coating. The raw ferrite material is not corrosive and not harmful, but it is dusty and can leave a residue on the skin when handling, which is easily removed with warm water.

NICKEL ALLERGIES

These magnets are coated with nickel. If you have a nickel allergy prolonged contact with skin may cause irritation.

DEMAGNETISATION

Stronger neodymium magnets can cause a change of magnetisation direction or demagnetisation in ferrite magnets. Store ferrite magnets at least 5 cm away from neodymium magnets and do not mix those types of magnets.

DANGERS FOR CHILDREN

DO NOT allow children to play with these magnets, even with supervision, they are powerful, will cause trapping injuries and as with any small part can be fatal if swallowed. Magnets are not toys! Make sure that children don't play with magnets.

HEART PACEMAKERS

Keep magnets away from heart pacemakers. The operation of heart pacemakers will be affected by the close proximity of a magnet. Magnets can set a pacemaker working in a way that is not suitable for the user and that might affect their health.

MAGNETICALLY SENSITIVE ITEMS

Magnets produce a far-reaching, strong magnetic field so you should always keep magnets at a safe distance (200mm+) from all objects that can be damaged by magnetism. These include mechanical watches, heart pacemakers, Tv's, laptops, computer hard drives, data media storage devices, CRT monitors and televisions, credit cards, diskettes. Hearing aids, speakers and other magnetically stored media.